Sister Diaspora for Liberation (SDL) aligns itself with a political practice to end all forms of oppression and injustice through a womxn of color and diasporic feminist lens, that is intersectional and based on core principles of love and reverence for all humanity and the natural world.
SDL believes that movements for change must be built from the ground up with love through leadership and representation by those most impacted and traditionally excluded. We strive to create a diasporic feminist collective in both the political and personal aspects of our connected struggles across identities and borders.
SDL seeks a revolution to dismantle systems of oppression through:
- The end of patriarchy, imperialism, capitalism, white supremacy, classism, sexism, heteronormativity, able-bodyism, xenophobia, and anti-Blackism
- The end of environmental destruction
- The end of militarism in all forms
- The end of state-sponsored violence and impunity
- The end of today’s hypocrisy in democracy and political corruption
- Prison Abolishment
with the creation of:
- Freedom for all to practice their culture and beliefs and pursue their desires of happiness as long as they do not cause harm to others
- Equal access to human rights – shelter, water, food, healthcare, education, and political participation